- 2013 Elected Chairman of Louisiana Seafood Promotion & Marketing Board.
- 2013 Ground breaking for new Culinary Arts building at Nicholls State University in Thibodaux, Louisiana.
- 2012 Restaurant R'evolution opened in the Royal Sonesta Hotel in New Orleans' historic French Quarter.
- 2012 Chef Folse represented Louisiana and the Gulf Coast with BP's Spirit of the Gulf campaign at the London Olympics.
- 2010 Chef John Folse announced partnership with Chef Rick Tramonto and formation of Home of the Range: Folse Tramonto Restaurant Development, LLC.
- 2009 Chef John Folse & Company published Hooks Lies & Alibis: Louisiana's Authoritative collection of Game Fish & Seafood Cookery
- 2008 Grand opening to the manufacturing plant new expansion. DiRōNA Conference Chairman.
- 2007 Chef John Folse & Company published After the Hunt: Louisiana’s Authoritative Collection of Wild Game & Game Fish Cookery. Served as the American Judge for the Bocuse d’Or World Cuisine Contest in Lyon, France.
- 2006 2nd term as President
of Research Chefs Association.
- 2005 President
of Research Chefs Association. Grand opening new USDA Manufacturing facility in Donaldsonville.
- 2004 Chef John Folse &
Company Published The Encyclopedia of Cajun and Creole Cuisine.
- 2003 Invited to serve on American Cheese Society’s
Cheese Advisory Panel
- 2003 Opened Petit Marché
- 2002 Opened Bittersweet Plantation
- 2001 Elected to RCA Board
- 2001 DiRoNa
- 2001 Digi-Tek Productions,
Audio & Video Recording Studio opens.
- 2000 DiRoNa
- 2000 Chef John Folse &
Company Publishing published first novel by Leo Honeycutt, Over
the Edge, first children's story by Michaela D. York, Mr.
Oodle MaDoodle Discovers Today and Sr. Lillian McCormack's
memoirs, God Writes His Miracles
for the Other Side of the Shadow.
- 1999 Opened former Donaldsonville
home as Lafitte's Landing Restaurant at Bittersweet Plantation
offering fine dining and bed and breakfast accommodations.
- 1999 Chef John Folse &
Company Publishing published sixth cookbook, Hot
Beignets & Warm Boudoirs: A Collection of Recipes from
Louisiana's Bed & Breakfasts.
- 1999 DiRoNa
Vice-Chairman Hosted DiRoNa
Awards Conference in New Orleans.
- 1997 Chef John Folse &
Company Publishing published fifth cookbook, Something
Old & Something New, Louisiana Cooking With a Change
- 1997 Chef John Folse &
Company Publishing published fourth cookbook, Black
Magic, 100 Years of Cast Iron Cooking.
- 1996 Chef John Folse &
Company Publishing published third cookbook, Louisiana
- 1996 Board Member, Distinguished
Restaurants of North America, DiRoNa.
- 1996 Chef John Folse Culinary
Institute issued Bachelor of Science in Culinary Arts.
- 1996 Stirrin' It Up, The Best
Tasting Show on Talk Radio aired on AM and FM stations in the
- 1995 Chairman of the Board,
American Culinary Federation.
- 1994 Chef John Folse Culinary
Institute at Nicholls State University, Thibodaux, Louisiana,
- 1994 Opened Lafitte's Landing
East in Seoul, Korea.
- 1994 President of the American
- 1994 Chef John Folse &
Company Publishing published second cookbook, Plantation
- 1993 "A Taste of Louisiana"
became No. 1 on Louisiana Public Broadcasting.
- 1993 Vice President for the
Central Region of the American Culinary Federation.
- 1992 Opened Lafitte's Landing
East in Taipei, Taiwan.
- 1992 Hosted "Cooking
with Chef John Folse", 204 (90-second) cooking spots, produced
by ABC Television for national syndication.
- 1991 Opened first American
Restaurant Bogota, Colombia, South America.
- 1990 Chef John Folse &
Company Publishing published first cookbook, The
Evolution of Cajun and Creole Cuisine.
- 1990 Hosted PBS series "A
Taste of Louisiana with Chef John Folse & Company."
- 1989 First non-Italian chef
to create Vatican State Dinner and was honored by a private audience
with Pope John Paul II.
- 1988 Opened first American
restaurant on Soviet soil.
- 1988 Hosted first ever Soviet/American
- 1987 Executive Chef of American
Regional Restaurant, Hong Kong Hilton.
- 1986 Executive Chef of American
Regional Restaurant, Fukuoka, Japan.
- 1986-present Executive Chef
of The Crosby Celebrity Golf Tournament.
- 1984-present Founding officer,
Baton Rouge Chef's Classic.
- 1983-present Founding officer,
Capital Chef's Showcase for Cancer.
- 1983 Founding officer, American
Culinary Federation of Greater Baton Rouge.
Chef John Folse is the recipient of numerous
culinary awards and recognitions. He has been honored by local,
state and international governments for his continuing efforts to
showcase America’s regional cooking around the world. One
of the most prestigious acknowledgments of Chef Folse’s career
was his selection as the commencement speaker for the 78th graduating
class of Johnson & Wales University in May, 1992. Johnson &
Wales is the hospitality industry’s largest university. On
this occasion, Chef Folse was recognized with an honorary Doctor
of Culinary Arts.
- 2013 Chosen as Chairman of Louisiana Seafood Board
- 2013 Awarded Lifetime Achievement Award from Research Chef's Association
- 2012 TGI Friday's Inc. Purposely Innovation Award
- 2011 TGI Friday's Inc. Food Vendor of the Year Award
- 2008 Chef John Folse receives
Southern Foodways Alliance
Lifetime Achievement Award.
- 2008 Governor’s Cultural Economic Development Arts Award.
- 2007 After the Hunt received Louisiana Literary Award by the Louisiana Library Association.
- 2006 Inducted into NRA's College of Diplomates.
- 2000 Antonin Careme Medal.
- 1999 Inducted into The Acadiana
Chapter of the American Culinary Federation and the Louisiana
Chefs' Hall of Fame for lifetime contributions to the promotion
of Louisiana cuisine.
- 1998 Chef John Folse &
Company named "Pioneers in Culinology" by the Research
Chefs Association, due to the efforts of Chef Folse's culinary
- 1998 Awarded the "Silver
Spoon Award" by Food Arts Magazine for a sterling performance
and contributions to the food service industry.
- 1998 Chef John Folse &
Company Manufacturing received T.G.I. Friday's Inc. Procurement
Product Development Award for assisting in the development of
Friday's Jack Daniels® Glaze.
- 1998 Carlson Hospitality Research
& Development, New Product Development Award.
- 1996 Awarded Chairmen’s
Medal of the American Academy of Chefs.
- 1996 Lafitte’s Landing
inducted into Distinguished Restaurants of North America.
- 1996 Named as one of 50 men
who changed foodservice in Nations
Restaurant News’: Profiles of Power.
- 1996 January issue of TIME
magazine featured Chef John Folse in a cover story on fat-free
- 1995 Doctorate of Foodservice,
National Association of Food Equipment Manufacturers.
- 1995 Honorary Doctor of Culinary
Arts, Baltimore International College.
- 1994 Distinguished Visiting
Chef, Sullivan College, Louisville, Kentucky.
- 1992 Honorary Doctor of Culinary
Arts, Johnson & Wales University and Commencement Speaker
for the 78th commencement exercises.
- 1991 Inducted into The Order
of the Golden Toque.
- 1990 Named "National
Chef of the Year" by the American Culinary Federation.
- 1990 "Golden Mike Award"
by the Louisiana Association of Broadcasters.
- 1989 Inducted into Nation’s
Restaurant News’ Fine Dining Hall of Fame.
- 1989 Chamber of Commerce "Man
of the Year" Award.
- 1988 Inducted into "The
American Academy of Chefs."
- 1988 Received "Medal
of Honor" from the Government of the Soviet Union.
- 1988 Named "Louisiana's
Marketing Ambassador to the World" by Louisiana Sales and
- 1988 Named "Louisiana’s
Culinary Ambassador to the World" by Louisiana Legislature.
- 1988 Listed in "Who’s
Who in the South and Southwest."
- 1987 Named "Louisiana
Restaurateur of the Year".
- 1987 Received "Salut
Au Restaurateur" award from Florida State University.
- 1985 Named "Chef of the
Year" by the ACF Greater Baton Rouge Chapter.