This sweet potato dish is a favorite for Thanksgiving Dinner.
- 1 (40 oz) can sweet potatoes OR 2 ½ lbs. fresh sweet
potatoes, cooked & peeled
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 3 tbsp. brandy or 1 tsp. brandy extract
- 2 tbsp. frozen orange juice concentrate
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- In a medium-size bowl, combine brown sugar, flour & cinnamon.
Blend in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add nuts
and mix well.
- 2 tbsp. butter
In a large bowl, mash sweet potatoes. Add brown sugar, melted butter,
brandy, orange juice concentrate, water, vanilla and salt. Beat
until combined. Add eggs and beat until smooth. Transfer to a 2
quart rectangular baking dish.
Prepare topping as directed. Sprinkle over sweet potato mixture.
Bake in 350 degree F oven for 35 to 40 minutes. Serves 6.