- 5 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 1 each sweet yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 sweet green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp dry mustard
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
In a large ceramic bowl, toss together shredded cabbage, onion and
yellow, green and red peppers. In a small saucepan, bring vinegar,
oil, sugar, mustard, salt and pepper to a rolling boil. Stir until
sugar is dissolved. Pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat.
Let cool at room temperature for 1 hour and serve. (Slaw can be
refrigerated in airtight container for up to 24 hours.
NOTE: to shred cabbage, cut head in half, then
into quarters; core and thinly slice crosswise.