This recipe comes from Amy Bau of Koto Oriental Restaurant
MARINATING SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
- 1/4 T. soy sauce
- ½ t. corn starch
- ½ T. wine
- Corn Starch Paste
- ½ T. corn starch
- ½ T. cold water
- 5 oz. lean pork shredded
- 3 oz. bean sprouts
- 1/4 lb. cabbage, shredded
- 10 spring roll skins
- 6 c. peanut oil
- 1 egg
- ½ T. soy sauce
- ½ T. salt
- 1/4 c. cold water
- Marinate pork with marinating sauce for about an hour.
- Heat 5 T. oil in a frying pan. Stir fry the pork about 30 seconds,
drain and put aside. Stir fry the shredded cabbage, add soy sauce,
salt and water; cover with lid. Cook about 2 minutes. Add bean
sprouts, stir fry for another 30 seconds over high heat, stir
in the corn starch paste until thicken. Add pork, mix well and
then remove to a bowl.
- Place 2 T. filling on a spring roll skin about 1-inch from
the edge that is toward you. Roll once or twice, then fold right
side toward center, then left side toward center. Continue rolling
into a tight roll. Stick outer edge of skin to roll with egg (beaten).
Place with this side face down to hold tightly and to keep its
shape until time for frying.
- Heat oil in pan to 350 degrees. Fry spring rolls for about
3 minutes or until golden and serve.