Tartar sauce is normally served with all fried seafood dishes in South Louisiana. You may wish to try this sauce as a dip for catfish beignets or as a topping for a seafood terrine.
- 1 1/2 cups heavy duty mayonnaise
- 2 tbsps lemon juice
- 1/4 cup pimento olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup sweet pickles, chopped
- 1 tbsp sweet pickle juice
- 1 cup capers, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp green onions, sliced
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Louisiana Gold Pepper Sauce to taste
In a large ceramic bowl, combine mayonnaise and lemon juice. Using a wire whisk, blend until well incorporated. Add olives, pickles, pickle juice, capers, parsley and green onions. Fold all seasoning ingredients into the mayonnaise until mixture is evenly blended. Season to taste using salt and Louisiana Gold. If you prefer a more tart taste, add extra lemon juice or white vinegar. If a sweeter taste is preferred, add more sweet pickle juice or a touch of sugar. Cover with clear wrap and refrigerate overnight for flavors to develop.