This colorful salsa can be made with corn that has been either grilled or smoked. The red and green bell peppers should be roasted over the coals at the same time the corn is cooking. This salsa is perfect with grilled chicken or pork.
- 4 ears grilled or smoked corn on the cob
- 2 to 3 large fresh green and/or red jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, roasted, peeled, seeded and diced*
- 1 large green bell pepper, roasted, peeled, seeded and diced*
- 1 medium red onion, diced*
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 large or 4 small garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 teaspoon Texas-style chili powder
- Salt (to taste)
- * Dice peppers and onions to make them the same size as corn kernels.
Slice corn kernels off cob. Mix corn with peppers and onion in a non-reactive bowl. In a separate non-reactive bowl, whisk together olive oil and lime juice, then whisk in garlic and chili powder. Pour dressing over corn-pepper mixture. Toss to mix well. Taste and add salt if desired. Let salsa sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving. Toss once more before serving. (Or refrigerate up to 2 days and let come to room temperature before serving).