Courtesy of Charles Arnold
- 1 (1½–2 pound) package smoked turkey necks
- 2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 pounds sliced okra
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1½ quarts water
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- salt and black pepper to taste
In a large pot, bring water and chicken broth to a rolling boil.
Add turkey necks, reduce heat to medium and cover. Cook 2 hours
or until meat comes off bone. Remove and discard bones. Save 1½
quarts cooking liquid. Add meat, cooking liquid, okra and tomatoes
to pot. Bring to a boil, lower heat and cook 30 minutes. Add shrimp
and cook an additional 15 minutes, stirring as needed. Season with
salt and pepper.