- 3 cups hot cooked couscous or rice (cook as directed on package)
- 1 tbsp olive or vegetable oil
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped almonds
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 chicken thighs, skin removed
- 1 cup Old El Paso® Garden Pepper or Thick ‘n Chunky
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsps dried currants
- 1 tbsp honey
- ¾ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp cinnamon
While couscous is cooking, heat oil in large skillet over medium-high
heat until hot. Add almonds; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until golden
brown. Remove almonds from skillet with slotted spoon; set aside.
Add garlic to skillet; cook and stir 30 seconds. Add chicken, cook
4 to 5 minutes or until browned, turning once. In medium bowl, combine
salsa and all remaining ingredients; mix well. Add to chicken; mix
well. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook 20 minutes or until
chicken is fork-tender and juices run clear, stirring occasionally.
Stir in almonds. Serve chicken mixture with couscous.