Memorial Day weekend is fast approaching.
This is a great picnic recipe for your family's weekend outing.
Keep on ice for an easy, chilled salad that everyone will love.
- 1 can (6 ounces) pink salmon, drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained
- 1 can (3.75 ounces) sardines in hot sauce, chopped (optional)
- 1 pound crawfish tails, drained
- 1 pound penne pasta, cooked
- 4 eggs, boiled
- 1¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsps yellow mustard
- 2 tbsps celery, minced
- 2 tbsps sweet pickle relish
- 2 tbsps red bell pepper, minced
- 2 tbsps yellow bell pepper, minced
- ¼ cup green onions, sliced
- 2 tbsps parsley
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsps Zatarain's Creole Seasoning or to taste
In a large mixing bowl, chop eggs with a pastry cutter or potato
masher until finely chopped. Add mayonnaise, mustard, celery, pickle
relish, bell peppers, green onions, parsley and thyme. Mix well
until all ingredients are blended. Fold in pasta, salmon, tuna,
sardines, and crawfish very gently so as not to break up the fish.
Add olive oil and toss to blend. Season with salt, pepper and Creole
seasoning to taste and serve in a large chilled bowl. If serving
this outdoors or on a buffet table, place in a bowl set in a larger
bowl of ice to keep cold. Always keep covered.